Welcome! We’re glad you’re here and interested in learning more about our camp for youth with Down syndrome. We’ve compiled this page to give you an overview of the basics. When you are ready, visit the registration page to sign up. Or you can contact us with any questions.
Down Syndrome Camp Facts
To start, here are the major facts you need to know about Down Syndrome Camp:
- Our camp takes place for 5 days and 4 nights each summer.
- Camp is located at the beautiful Camp Knutson on Trout Lake, located in the White Fish chain of lakes in Cross Lake, MN.
- Campers range in age from 10-20.
- Camp staff are trained to work with children and young adults who have special needs.
- Campgrounds and facilities are fully-accessible.
- Camp fee is $950.00
What Happens At Down Syndrome Camp
Here is a list of just a few of the activities our campers enjoy:
- Horseback Riding
- Arts and crafts
- Nature hikes and lessons at the nature center
- Evening options from dancing to BINGO to talent shows
Intrigued? We hope so.
To learn more, visit these pages:
- Packing for Camp Includes a packing list to download and some guiding principles for how to prepare your camper for camp.
- Sign Up Here’s your chance to reserve your spot at Down Syndrome Camp.
- Volunteering Interested in volunteering? That’s wonderful! We vet our volunteers carefully through our application process. Get started today!
- FAQ Get some more details about the camp, the registration process and the Down Syndrome Foundation.